[PyKDE] ANN: eric3 3.7.0-rc1 released

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue May 24 18:27:15 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2005 12:04 schrieb Marco Bizzarri:
> Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >this is to let all of you know about the release of RC1 of the upcoming
> >version 3.7.0 of eric3. It is available via the snapshots link of the
> > eric3 web site.
> >
> >http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/snapshots
> >
> >Please give it a thorough testing and report all bugs found.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Detlev
>
> I'm trying to use the task feature of eric3, but it looks like it is not
> possible to link the task to a document/line... is it still in
> development or I'm missing some fundamental point (like reading the
> manual ;)) ?

Unfortunately there is no manual :-((

To link a task to a document/line just include a comment line like

# TODO: this needs some rework

or

# FIXME: need to fix this

and save the file. Voila, the task appears in the window. The other way is to
generate a general task, which is not linked to a specific file. Tasks are
divided into two overall categories, those that belong to a project and those
not belonging to a project. Those of the first category are only shown, when
the project is open.

I hope, this short explanation helps to clarify the issue.

> Regards
> Marco

Regards
Detlev