[PyKDE] Issue with QDialog and lifetime

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Thu May 26 11:44:06 BST 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 11:24, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> class QDialog2(QDialog):
>    def __init__(self, parent=0, name=0, modal=False, flags=0)
>        QDialog.__init__(self, parent, name, modal, flags |
> Qt.WDestructiveClose)

That works, but Im not sure I would recommend it. It leads to a bigger change
should you ever need to access the dialog after it has been closed. (or, more
likely, the value of a control widget on the dialog)

You are right that the C++ handles this better than either python solution :-(

--
Toby Dickenson