[PyKDE] Moving items in QListView up / down > How?

Michael Zimmermann mz-list at incunabulum.de
Mon May 30 09:10:46 BST 2005

Hi there,

just stumbled into the following problem. And try as I might I can't
find a reason for the errors I get. Anyone willing to help?

In a QListView I have a set of entries. Now I want to allow the user to
sort (reorder) these entries.

What I did was as follows:

1) In the class initialization:
self.listview.setSorting(-1, False) 	> disable sorting

2) To move an entry:
sel = self.listview.selectedItem()
sel.moveItem(sel.itemAbove())

The first one gives:
   AttributeError setSorting

#2 gives:
   AttributeError moveItem

If I look at the methods available for QListView and QListViewItem
neither setSorting() nor moveItem() are shown.

What is wrong here?

(PyQt 3.13 installed from source; python 2.3.4; linux)

--
cu,
    Michael