[PyKDE] python2.4 and decorator

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Mon Nov 14 09:49:07 GMT 2005

Cedric Briner wrote:
> hi,
>
> How do I do to use eric3 with python2.4 ? I didn't see how to tell
> eric to use python for compilation ?

Python isn't compiled - at least not in the sense that matters here. Go
code in eric3, and run <project>-start.py from the commandline. No
problem there.

Apart from that, you should be able to install eric3 using the python2.4
interpreter - just download the source, and install using python2.4. But
be aware that this means you need all the dependencies - namely,
pyqt/sip/pykde - builtg for/with python2.4, too. Depending on your
distribution, this can be more or less difficult to achieve.

Regards,

Diez