[PyKDE] eric3: Breakpoint in another file

Wed Oct 5 11:45:54 BST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 07:00 schrieb Jim Baack:
> On Oct. 4, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> >Am Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2005 20:22 schrieb Florian Lindner:
> >> Hello,
> >> I've tried out eric3 and it looks promising.
> >> However, I have one problem. I open a file which is part of Zope3 and
>
> set a
>
> >> breakpoint there. Now I open the runzope start script and execute it
> >> from within eric. This runzope script calls (after running through a
> >> larger call-tree) the function where I set the breakpoint. But execution
> >> is not stopped there.... Why that?
> >
> >Are you sure, that runzope doesn't spawn another process. In that case,
> > this process will run in the standard python interpreter outside the
> > debugger. I have seen this about a year ago, when I tried debugger
> > support for Zope. Unfortunately I wasn't successful :((
> >
> >Detlev
>
> I'm off list and seeing this in the archive, but wanted to jump in and
> report that I successfully debug Zope2 and Plone through eric3. Can't
> sepak to Zope3 but I suspect it would be the same. I don't execute the
> runzope sript but instead replicate its behavior in eric3 - by setting the
> main script to "/ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/Zope2/Startup/run.py" and passing
> "-C /INSTANCE_HOME/etc/zope.conf" on the command line. I also need to
> insert a hard breakpoint somewhere in the code -
> import sys
> sys.breakpoint()

sys does not seem to have a breakpoint function:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.breakpoint()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'breakpoint'
>>> from sys import breakpoint
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: cannot import name breakpoint

> Once this breakpoint is hit I can set breakpoints in eric3 where I wish
> and the debugger stops at them.

So I just start runzope from eric3 and set a breakpoint in the file. I can
then take eric3 to debug?

Thanks,

Florian