[PyKDE] PyQt: Destroyed QWidgets don't emit destroyed()?

Arve Knudsen aknuds-1 at broadpark.no
Wed Oct 12 17:10:15 BST 2005

As I explained in an earlier post I'm having trouble determining when a
widget has been closed, in the meantime I've looked into the issue
further. According to the Qt documentation QObjects should emit the
"destroyed() " signal upon destruction, but it doesn't seem to happen in
my case. I tried connecting to this signal of a child widget, and the slot
never gets called. I know that the widget eventually gets destroyed
however, because trying to access it after the parent has been closed
(QDialog.exec_loop has finished) results in a RuntimeError :) Have I
misunderstood something? For the record I'm using PyQt 3.15 and SIP 4.3.1,
on Linux.

Regards

Arve Knudsen