[PyKDE] eric3, qscintilla and code folding

Brad Ralph brad at ralph.id.au
Tue Oct 18 14:36:33 BST 2005

Hi Baz,

Thanks for your suggestion it was very helpful.  I tried Ctrl-clicking the
class fold marker and as you suggest it colapses all of the child folds.  I
also tried the Ctrl and Shift but this is the same as the toggle all folds
menu option (class gets folded but the children don't).

The problem is I seem to be too fussy.  When you fold all of the children
(Ctrl - Click) it becomes a bit annoying to have to unfold the if statements
and triple quoted strings of any method that you are working in.  I know that
this can be turned off in the settings (so that strings are not folded) but
then we loose the option to do so if you want to on a case by case basis.

The whole idea of my little function is to only fold lines with 'def'
statements.  This would be like having my cake and getting to eat it.

The other reason I was playing with code is to become more familiar with the
eric3 way of writing PyQt programs.  eric3 is probably the biggest and most
functional PyQt program that I have seen to date so I figure there is a lot
that I can learn from it.

Regards,
Brad

ps.  I would still like someone to chip in an answer to why my code doesn't
work reliably please.