[PyKDE] QString in PyQt4 - Request for Comments

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Oct 21 10:35:55 BST 2005

Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm completely open to making the existing API more Pythonic - this is the
> time to do it. For example, I did casually float the idea of not using C++
> types in signal signatures in a previous post - but nobody bit.

I didn't, because of the reasons explained previously: I believe it would
just cause more confusion, in the current PyQt design. It's just too handy
to go looking to the signature in the Qt Assistant and use it. I don't want
to go check in two different manuals. Until now, PyQt's goal has been to
adhere as much as possible to Qt, to not confuse existing Qt users and I
think it's a noble goal. I also understand that this is not ideal for a
Python-only programmer.
--
Giovanni Bajo