[PyKDE] QString in PyQt4 - Request for Comments

James Emerton ephelon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 22:55:05 BST 2005

> Maybe I wasn't clear. What I was proposing was *not* to create a full Qt
> wrapper, but to introduce *helpers* to manage normal Qt objects in a more
> Python way. If you look into the examples I wrote down yesterday, you'll see
> it's mostly about creating or accessing Qt objects in more pythonic way, not
> wrapping each and every object and each and every method.

Which is essentially what I had in mind, wrt to the handling of things
like properties, layouts, and keyword based object initialisation.
Essentially everything except return types.

I don't know how one would convert all the return types from Qt to
their Python equivalent, without wrapping every method?

James