[PyKDE] QString in PyQt4 - Request for Comments

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 00:35:14 BST 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 09:02, Phil Thompson wrote:
> I'm totally unsympathetic to the idea of a *separate* Pythonic API to Qt.
> The Python GUI toolkit "market" is fragmented enough as it is - this would
> only add more confusion for (relatively) little benefit.

Yes! down with the API separatists!

But I dont think thats what Giovanni was suggesting (although it took several
re-readings of his email to realise it).

Trolltech enrich the Qt API as far as C++ allows, but that shouldnt prevent us
further enriching the API in areas where Python is richer than C++.

> > 2) Properties.

I dont think I agree with all of Giovanni's suggestions, but this is top of
his list for being an obviously good idea. There's no good reason to not
support Python's property syntax for setting and getting things that Qt
documents as being properties. (In addition to the getter/setter function API
that C++ is forced to use).

--
Toby Dickenson