[PyKDE] importTest.py fails

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Mon Sep 5 20:19:18 BST 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 07:36, Mladen Bestvina wrote:
> I installed the latest PyKDE. It compiles fine, except for a few warning
> messages. My compiler is gcc3.4. Then, when I run importTest.py I get:

> kdesu
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "importTest.py", line 19, in ?
>     exec ("import " + mod)
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/kdesu.so: undefined
> symbol: _ZN7KCookie16setDcopTransportERK8QCString

I have a feeling that this is a gcc symbol visibility issue. The copy of PyKDE
that shipped in the bindings tarball from KDE 3.4 is patched where needed to
get around this problem.

Which distribution are you using?

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/