[PyKDE] KHTML border woes

Brian Thomason brian.thomason at linspireinc.com
Thu Sep 8 04:39:26 BST 2005

I'm currently banging my head on a small, simple (in theory), fullscreen
app that I've written using a KApplication, KMainWindow, and a KHTMLPArt
view as the central widget.

The background of the page being displayed in the view is black, and I
wish for the whole screen to be black. Unfortunately, the view has a 1
pixel white border all the way around it that I can't seem to egt rid of
for the life of me.

I've tried everything from setting the background of the widget to
black, to setting the fixed width/height of the view a few pixels too
large to hide the border. (This actually gets rid of the right border
and the bottom border, but the top and left borders remain)  I've tried
changing the geometry of the view, but also to no avail.

I'm positive it's the view widget and NOT KMainWindow as resizing the
view to be very small, leaves a small white square on the screen.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this (even a hack) I would more than
greatly appreciate it.

-Brian