[PyKDE] difficulty following SIP Tutorial

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey at swri.org
Wed Sep 7 22:30:24 BST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to duplicate the steps in the "Simple C++ Example" portion of
the SIP documentation.

I have installed the generic Debian packages that are in testing, with
the exception of sip 4.3 which is currently is unstable.

As a newbie to sip (but having used swig in the distant past) I copied
and pasted the sip file into word.i instead of word.sip .  I know; it's
obvious.  But just a little more verbosity would have helped me.

Then when it come times to make, I get:

g++ -c -pipe -fPIC -O2 -Wall -W -I. -I/usr/include/python2.3 -o
sipwordcmodule.o sipwordcmodule.cpp
sipwordcmodule.cpp:49: warning: missing braces around initializer
sipwordcmodule.cpp:49: error: too many initializers for 'sipExportedModuleDef'
sipwordcmodule.cpp:49: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'char*'
sipwordcmodule.cpp:49: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'int'
sipwordcmodule.cpp:49: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'int' from NULL
sipwordcmodule.cpp:49: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to '_sipWrapperType**'
sipwordcmodule.cpp:49: error: cannot convert 'sipWrapperType**' to 'sipMappedTypeDef**' in initialization
make: *** [sipwordcmodule.o] Error 1

g++ is version 4.0, but I get similar errors with g++-3.3 .  Any
pointers?

Thanks,
Glen Mabey

please cc