[PyKDE] eric3 crash upon deleting selected line

Mike Tammerman mtammerman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 21:23:07 BST 2005

Hi,

Although, I tested with the GPL'ed version of Qt, I think the problem
is not related with neither Qt nor Eric. When I try to run eric from
console, I get the following assertion;

Assertion [line < pdoc->LinesTotal()] failed at ..\src\Editor.cpp

Therefore, it seems to be a scintilla bug. Here's the my scenario of
this behaviour with eric3.8-snapshot20050724.

* open eric3
* open preferences dialog and from the project section, check the options
      - Load session upon opening
      - Save session upon closing
* create a project
* add some files to the project
* save the project
* close eric leaving some files open in the tabs
* reopen eric3
* open the saved project (the files will be opened momentarily)
* do nothing but go to the last line of the opened file in the tabs
* select a whole line
* press the delete key, it crashes

On the other way, this crash is very strange. For example;

After the project is loaded and session restored, I jumped to another
file in the tabs. I chose a comment line standing at the very
beginings of the file and it didn't crash.

In any way, I couldn't make eric3 crash on Linux. It works perfectly :)

Mike

P.S.: Detlev, sorry for direct mail.