[PyKDE] PyKDE & KDE 3.5

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Sep 26 08:33:42 BST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 23:55, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whenever I compile PyKDE snapshot against KDE 3.5, I have to apply attached
> patch. I don't know how to fix this in sip file generation instead so I
> hope someone else knows :-)
>
> P.S: Patch fixes the compile error saying "CursorShape is not declared in
> this scope" which comes from fixx11h.h

Looks like a change in fixx11h.h.  I'd try adding the #include in
sip/kdecore/fixx11.sip:

%ModuleHeaderCode
#include <X11/X.h>
#include <fixx11h.h>
%End

You might need to make the same change in sip/kdecore/ktempdir.sip.

KDE 3.5 isn't supported yet (and isn't released yet as far as I know). Except
for some minor details like this, it should work though - it just won't
support any new (to 3.5) methods or classes from Python.

Jim