[PyKDE] Attribute Error

Doug Bell dougb at bellz.org
Fri Sep 30 12:15:08 BST 2005

Hi,

A user of my TreeLine program has reported a problem when a particular
dialog is opened.  Here's the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/.stow/treeline-0.13.0/lib/treeline/treedialogs.py", line
504, in modifyIcon
    dlg = IconSelectDlg(self.currentType, self, None, True)
  File "/opt/.stow/treeline-0.13.0/lib/treeline/treedialogs.py", line
715, in __init__
    SLOT('accept()'))
AttributeError: 'sip.wrapper' object has no attribute 'sipThis'

The strange thing is that the program works fine for me and many other
users.  And I can't find anything wrong with the code.  The line of code
that generates the error just connects a signal to a slot.

I did some searching for this error, but the cases I found just have to
do with multithreading or forgetting to call a base class __init__.
Neither of those is the case here.

The user with this problem is using Fedora2 with:
python-2.3.3
sip-3.10.1
PyQt-3.11
Qt-3.3.2