[PyKDE] QwidgetFactory.create() SIGSEGV in latest SIP/PyQt

Michal Křenek mikos at sg1.cz
Sat Apr 1 13:32:35 BST 2006

Hello,
after upgrade to SIP 4.4 and PyQt  3.16, all my PyQT programs which uses
QwidgetFactory stopped to work. If I call
QWidgetFactory.create("some_form.ui") from qtui module, I get SIGSEGV and
Python is killed instantly.

I have tried gdb, but my system is compiled without debugging symbols (and I
don't have time to recompile it with debugging symbols), so it is not very
helpful:

(no debugging symbols found)
 (no debugging symbols found)

 [Switching to Thread -1211967808 (LWP 19040)]
 0xb7f92531 in initsip () from /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sip.so

I have used SIP 4.3.2 and PyQt 3.15.1 before and QwidgetFactory had worked
without problems. Btw. I am using Qt 3.3.6.

Thanks for your help,
Michal Krenek (Mikos)