[PyKDE] QwidgetFactory.create() SIGSEGV in latest SIP/PyQt

Michal Krenek mikos at sg1.cz
Tue Apr 4 04:59:23 BST 2006

> Try with the current SIP snapshot (you don't need to rebuild PyQt). If you
> still have a problem then send me a small, but complete, example.

I have tried it with SIP 4.4.1 and also with latest SIP snapshot (20060403),
but it is still giving me SIGSEGV (I have not recompiled PyQT, only SIP). This
is very simple example:

from qt import *
from qtui import *
import sys

class MyUI(QMainWindow):
    def __init__(self):
        QMainWindow.__init__(self)
        self.win = QWidgetFactory.create("form.ui")

    def show(self):
        self.win.show()

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = QApplication(sys.argv)
    w = MyUI()
    app.setMainWidget(w)
    app.connect(app, SIGNAL("lastWindowClosed()"), app, SLOT("quit()"))
    w.show()
    ret = app.exec_loop()
    sys.exit(ret)

It is giving me segmentation fault right after app.setMainWidget(w). And if I
debug it more deeply, I see segmentation fault right after
QWidgetFactory.create("form.ui"). I am beginner in Python and PyQT, but it
seems to me that the problem is definitely in QWidgetFactory.create().

Michal Krenek (Mikos)