[PyKDE] EuroPython 2006

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Apr 8 20:00:26 BST 2006

This year the EuroPython conference will be held at CERN (near Geneva).
The call for proposals and abstracts for EuroPython 2006 was recently
published, and it should now be possible to submit abstracts:

  http://www.europython.org/sections/tracks_and_talks/call-for-proposals

Information about the conference is also available on the conference site
hosted at CERN:

  http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=44

I went to EuroPython in Gothenburg last year. It was the first time I'd been
to one of these community conferences, so I went as a kind of observer more
than anything else. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by the lack
of talks about GUI programming and Python, and in particular by the general
lack of awareness people had about Free desktop environments and various open
source technologies.

This year, I'd like to try and give a talk about some aspect of PyQt and/or
PyKDE and I wondered if anyone else intends to do something similar. It would
be good to see some talks about using Python with Qt and KDE, if only to
make people aware that these technologies exist.

Has anyone else considered going?

David