[PyKDE] Eric misc questions and wishlist

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Apr 17 13:53:44 BST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 15:16 schrieb Jürgen Urner:
> Hello Detlev
>
> Before I start bothering you with another entry for the Eric4 wishlist
> there are a few things I would like to ask:
>
> 1. I  wonder if there is a reason why you do not host eric on sourceforge?
>     Wouldn't this make a perfect environment for eric to reside in?
>     As far as I know QT4 has pretty good windows support and license
>     and way more users could get attracted to Eric. Could be easier to
> handle
>     the masses on Sourceforge :-)

It is hosted on sourceforge. Just the homepage is hosted on my own site.

> 2. I wonder why there is no documentation on the user interface? I Think
>     Eric would well deserve one. Although I do not like to raise my hand
> for
>     something I could try to take over to at least make a start if not
> done by
>     someone already. Just for you to see that I halfway know of what I'm
> talking
>     about take a look at http://home.arcor.de/jurner/python/ for some
> TRAC based documentation.
>     (ups... what did I say ...glad noone is listening :-)

Up to now this question has come up several times. However, nobody
volunteered. If I would write the documentation, development will come to a
halt. Due to the fact, that Eric3 (and Eric4) are one man shows, I will not
do the docu stuff until there is nothing to develop anymore.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach