[PyKDE] Partial part-problem

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 20 06:06:09 BST 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 05:20, Daniel Marcel Eichler wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some stupid problems with some kparts. Loading of the parts is no
> problem, but i can't open a file wih them. KPDF an Kate-Kpart goes well,
> but with others like libkghostviewpart not. So, anybody can give me a
> hint?

As you indicate, kate works fine. The kghostview stuff let me select a file,
but I get gs/gv configuration errors after that - the same as when running
KDE's kghostview executable. Probably my setup, as I don't use ghostview or
ghostscript at all, and at this point I don't want to spend a couple hours
figuring out what I've got wrong. So for that particular example, I really
don't have any way to test it at the moment.

I do get the kghostivew display in the window though - just no file loaded.

Sorry for the very slow response - I thought this might indicate some PyKDE
bug and I wanted to update to the latest KDE releases before tackling it, but
so far it doesn't seem to be a PyKDE problem.

I do need to develop a KParts example, but probably won't get that done until
sometime after the next release, which should be in a few days.

Jim