[PyKDE] Sip does not wrap static const members of mapped type?

Jacob M. Burbach jacobb at cfl.rr.com
Fri Apr 21 12:02:54 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 6:15, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 5:14 am, Jacob M. Burbach wrote:
> > I'm wrapping some classes and find that Sip will not wrap static const
> > members that are defined as a MappedType. Standard types, wrapped types,
> > and non const members are wrapped ok, just not const mapped types. This
> > seems like a bug in sip?
>
> Yes - should be fixed in tonight's snapshot (although not heavily tested).
>
> Phil
Thats seems to do the trick, but introduced another bug(a typo really I
think). In sipgen/gencode.c, function `generateInternalAPIHeader', there is
not enough `mname' entries to fill out the format string(needs one more).

One other question about ownership, and how it gets transferred in regards to
methods that throw. Basically, If I have method:

void someMethod(Something* s /Transfer/) throw(Whatever);

what happens to the ownership if the method throws? Is it still transferred?
Do I need to put handwritten code to catch and transfer back?