[PyKDE] ANN: PyQt 4.0beta1 Released

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 20:21:07 BST 2006

At long last I am happy to announce the release of PyQt 4.0beta1, the Python
bindings for Qt v4.

As well as source packages there is a Windows installer for the GPL version to
be used with the GPL version of Qt.

This is the only planned beta release. The only additional work to be done for
the final release is to generate documentation that describes the complete
Python API. (Note you will still need to refer to the Qt documentation to
find out what a method actually does.)

I'd like to thank the following people in particular who have contributed
code...

Torsten Marek
David Boddie
Detlev Offenbach
Andreas Pakulat
Douglas Soares de Andrade
Baz Walter

...and everybody else who has tested and sent in bug reports.