[PyKDE] posting messages to another application

Tom Brown tom at nextstate.net
Tue Aug 1 04:35:18 BST 2006

Hi,

I am using PyQt4. I would like to post keyboard messages to another
application to control it programmatically. In my old windows days, I
would somehow (don't remember how exactly) get a hold of the list of
applications, cycle through them until I found the one I wanted, then
got an app/window handle I could use to post messages to the other app.
At least, something to that effect. I would like to do something
similar in X windows. Does Qt4 support this? I'm thinking there must be
a way to do this, I just don't know where to start looking. Can someone
please point me to some documentation?

Thanks,
Tom