[PyKDE] Designer qt4 plugins

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 17 01:14:56 BST 2006

On 16.08.06 23:17:00, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
>    I do have problems with plugins in designer-qt4 in Debian. I was trying to
> use qwt5 and installed
> libqwt_designer_plugin.so
> into
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/
> but nothing appears. If I do
> ls /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/
> I get
> libarthurplugin.so
> libcustomwidgetplugin.so
> libqt3supportwidgets.so
> libqwt_designer_plugin.so
> libworldtimeclockplugin.so
>
> but I don't see any of the plugins in the designer so I don't think this is my
> problem.

The place is right, but here the plugins work perfectly. One thing you
have to make sure is that your qwt5 plugin needs to be built in release
mode, else designer  (which is built in release mode in debian) cannot
load it.

If you really can't see the qt3 support widgets and the others when
executing designer-qt4 then please report this as a bug to debian.

Hmm, are you executing designer or designer-qt4? The first one might
point to designer-qt3 via the alternatives system.

Andreas

--
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.