[PyKDE] QClipboard Problem

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 14:59:24 BST 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 12:12 pm, Doug Bell wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I'm having problems with QClipboard's dataChanged() signal in PyQt4 on
> Windows.  It works fine during program execution, but the program
> crashes at exit if the contents of the clipboard had been changed with
> the signal connected.
>
> I'm not sure whether this is a bug in PyQt or Qt, but, since I couldn't
> find anything about it in the Qt mailing list, I'm trying here.  Also,
> this bug does not occur in Linux.
>
> A short example that produces the problem is attached.  If the button is
> pressed during the run, the program crashes at exit.
>
> I'm using the latest binary builds for Windows - Python 2.4.3, Qt 4.1.4
> and PyQt 4.0.1.

I've been playing with this but can't get to the root of the problem. The
crash is happening in the QApplication dtor and I'm beginning to suspect that
it is a Qt bug.

I'd be interested in playing with your C++ version. You might try explicitly
deleting the button then the QApplication just before returning from main().
This would more closely mimic what PyQt is doing.