[PyKDE] [PyQT] AbstractProxyModel and TreeView not showing selection

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Aug 24 11:37:28 BST 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:47:01 -0700, Rich Pickler wrote:

> I have a TreeView displaying a custom AbstractItemModel through an
> AbstractProxyModel.  When using the base ItemModel directly, everything
> acts exactly as I expect it to.  However, when I use a ProxyModel, no
> matter how simple, selection no longer displays.  The selections appear
> to work properly underneath, they're just not showing up on screen.  So,
> while technically fine, I can't hand this off to any users here in its
> current state.

I recently released an application that uses a filtering proxy model:

  http://www.python.org/pypi/PyPI-Browser/

You might find that the searchmodel.py file gives you some inspiration,
though the application doesn't allow selections, so it may be of limited
use.

> Anybody used these?  Anybody had any luck with these?  I've posted a bug
> on the trolltech bug database, which led me nowhere.  Any clues?

I saw your message on qt-interest, but you didn't say what the bug number
was. Can you post some code for us to look at?

David