[PyKDE] PyQt4: PyObject in SIGNAL

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Dec 1 13:00:31 GMT 2006

Mark Summerfield wrote:

>>> You can do Python-Python signals which Phil calls "short-circuit
>>> signals" in PyQt [...]
>> Yes, this is in fact documented. I guess these short-circuit signals are
>> similar to the good old PYSIGNALs in PyQt3.
>>
>> But this still does not answer my question: what does "PyObject" means in
>> the signature of a signal?
>
> I'd just assumed any valid identifier.

I'm asking because I got segfaults when trying to pass python objects around
using SIGNALs and "PyObject" in the signature. Specifically, it seems that the
objects go through a SIP wrap/unwrap cycle, because the slot function receives
an object with a different id().

I was thinking that PyObject meant something like "any object wrapped by SIP",
but I can't understand the exact meaning.
--
Giovanni Bajo