[PyKDE] QGraphisScene removeItem problem

Remy Anthoine remy.anthoine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:20:42 GMT 2006

Greetings,

I'm having trouble using the removeItem operation of a scene in PyQt4
with python 2.5 under windows XP. Can someone explain why the
following produces an error of type : "python.exe has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

import sys
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

class testtotrash(QtGui.QWidget):
    def __init__(self,parent= None):
        QtGui.QWidget.__init__(self, parent)
        scene = QtGui.QGraphicsScene()

        scene.addText("TEST")

        for i in scene.items():
            scene.removeItem(i)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
    myTTT = testtotrash()
    myTTT.show()

    sys.exit(app.exec_())

I discovered this was a problem in a larger application where I
sometimes remove all the items of a scene. It worked fine with
ellipses or pixmaps but not since I started using QGraphicsTextItem.
In the larger application, I get the following message along with
windows' "python.exe has encountered..." :
QGraphicsScene::removeItem: item 017098D8's scene (00000000) is
different from this scene (016AF2E8)