[PyKDE] [PyQt] QProcess and reading from input

Jacek Jablonski yacek87 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 21:57:17 GMT 2006

Hi!
I have some program in C++ that emits the data to stdout. And I have
some script in Python. I want this script to read the data everytime
it is available and then move the progress bar. But whole content is
read when QProcess ends. Here is code:
*****
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

class GG(QtCore.QThread):
	def __init__(self, gui):
		self.gui = gui
		QtCore.QThread.__init__(self, gui)
		QtCore.QObject.__init__(self, gui)
		self.connect(self.gui.ui.sendButtonG, QtCore.SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.run)

	def run(self):
		self.process = QtCore.QProcess(self)
	        self.connect(self.process,
QtCore.SIGNAL("readyReadStandardOutput()"), self.foo)

		self.process.start("./ggsend")

	def foo(self):
		print self.process.readAllStandardOutput()
		print "in the function"
*****

so foo() is called only once, because "in the function" shows only once.
Please help,
JJ