[PyKDE] Model-View application: view not updated

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at t-online.de
Tue Dec 19 09:45:21 GMT 2006

Am Sonntag, den 17.12.2006, 19:33 +0100 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> You should update that. PyQt4 4.0.1 doesn't have support for Qt4.2
> Actually I'm surprised they got it to build with Qt4.2, IIRC the changes
> needed are only included in PyQt4 4.1. Thats one of the reasons I roll
> my own Python/Qt4/PyQt4 into $HOME here...

I'll probably have to do that too (or possibly find a distribution with
the newest Python/Qt4/PyQt4).

> > > If you can't change your Qt version, try emitting the dataChanged
> > > Signal with the top-left and bottom-right QModelIndex.
> >
> > That has helped: I replaced the "self.reset()" at the end of
> > setResultset() with the dataChanged Signal, now I get the original data
> > back without changing focus or doing other tricks. It's not very
> > beautiful, but it works for the moment.
>
> This would imply that it could be a problem in Qt4.2.0 itself. Maybe you
> know enough C++ to re-write your example in it, just for testing of
> course. It seems its fixed in later Qt4.2 versions...

It might be a good idea to relearn C++, but that will take time. I've
learnt the basics years ago, but then I got a Delphi 1 Demo CD and that
was that (Python came much later).

Sibylle

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian