[PyKDE] broken layout

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 22 16:13:18 GMT 2006

On 22.12.06 12:33:30, Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 03:30:22PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Without some code we can't know. The .ui files are fine as far as I can
> > see.
>
> mdione at falcon:~/src/projects/kress/src/trunk/src$ python
> Python 2.4.3 (#2, Oct  6 2006, 07:52:30)
> [GCC 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)] on linux2
> ScimInputContextPlugin()
> QLayout "unnamed" added to KMainWindow "MainWindow", which already has a layout
> MainWindow.showTab(QWidget*): Not implemented yet
>
>     and the window shows wrong.

The problem is very simple: pyuic doesn't recognize KMainWindow and thus
doesn't generate the same code as for the QMainWindow:
        self.setCentralWidget(QWidget(self,"qt_central_widget"))
        MainWindowLayout = QVBoxLayout(self.centralWidget(),11,6,"MainWindowLayout")

and the KMainWindow create the vbox layout with "self" as parent widget.

Not sure if this will be fixed in pyuic or not, as Phil doesn't know
wether he'll release another version of PyQt3.

A simple replace in the generated file with the above code doesn't work
either as then there's another problem with the tabwidget. I suggest to
build the KMainWindow ui completely by handcrafted code.

Andreas

> --
> (Not so) Random fortune:
> 00;05 < perrito666> la cerveza es un touch and go, la miopía ya es amor.

You will forget that you ever knew me.