[PyKDE] Problem with PyQt3

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Dec 28 09:14:45 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 23:37, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 December 2006 5:02 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> > > Have you got the .ui file? Is the problem reproducable with just the
> > > generated .py file and the -x flag?
> >
> > I have the .ui file available but unfortunately it is not reproducable
> > with just the generated .py file. The dialog itself is generated from
> > some Python code. It looks as if the dialog doesn't really know it is a
> > Python dialog.
>
> So how was the instance the exception was raised against created and what
> method were you calling?

Problem found thanks to your questions. It was caused by a parent object given
to the dialog, which was not created from Python code. The protected methods
(slots) called by the dialog were accept() and reject(). How a non Python
created parent influences this is unclear to me. Maybe this should be
mentioned in the PyQt docs.

Regards,
Detlev
--