[PyKDE] What little detail am I missing?

Tina Isaksen tina at bestemselv.com
Thu Feb 9 16:47:28 GMT 2006

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

>Did you check Python docs? Because your problem simply is a lack of
>understanding how python works.

Thanks Andreas

I have read the docs till my eyes went sore. But you are absolutly
right, I'm lacking some basic understanding. But it's difficult to find
anything for beginners beyond "hello world".

But big thanks for your explanation. I just had a big AHA! moment! :)

>>void enkelTest::click()
>>{
>>innput=self.lineEdit1.text().toInt()
>>return innput
>>}
>>

>You're mixing C++ and Python here, not good.

This I took directly from a tutorial...?

http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~afedosov/qttut/

It states: "Notice that QT designer already put in a header for our
|AddEntry()| function... except that it's in C++! Don't worry about
that, however, we can still write Python code here right between the
braces, and it will work just fine. (Python UI compiler is smart enough
to understand the headers generated by QT designer.)"

Thanks again!
Tina