[PyKDE] Segmentation fault

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Feb 10 10:51:36 GMT 2006

On 10.02.06 10:44:26, Mikhail Yarmish wrote:
> Hello guys,
>    I'm using gentoo linux and there is a little trouble with ebuild for pykde
> so I decided to build it manually. I've builded the latest sip snapshot and the
> latest pykde snapshot. But when I'm trying to make importTest I get
> Segmentation fault at the beginning. I've tried to import different pykde
> modules but always get seg. fault.

Do you get segfaults for PyQt imports too?

>    Is there any sugestion about what's wrong?

Build PyKDE with debug symbols and bring us a backtrace from the
segfault.

Also, if you manually build sip, you might need to build pyqt manually
too.

>    I have gcc 3.6.6, python 2.4.2, kde 3.4.1, pyqt 3.13.0, qt 3.3.4 and sip
> 4.3.2.

Are you serious about the pyqt version? That one's ancient (released
2004) and won't work with recent sip-snapshots. The same I think for
sip, recent snapshots are not 4.3.2, but something like 4.3
(snapshot...). Where did you get your snapshots from?

Andreas

--
You will forget that you ever knew me.