[PyKDE] PyQt(4) development environment for windows

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Tue Feb 14 08:00:51 GMT 2006

At 14:14 13/02/2006 +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>Did I say that I think there's no free Qt3?
>
>What I said was: There's no free PyQt3 for Windows, unless the license
>of the free PyQt3 for *nix allows to use it under Windows with the free
>Qt3 port (and that this actually works). However from the website it
>looks like qtwin also has some troubles with TT...

As far as I understood the problem with TT was due to calling it Qt,
therefore it is named Q..3 :-)
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49109

About using the GPL PyQt3 with that version, it works too:
http://kscraft.sourceforge.net/convert_xhtml.php?doc=pyqt-windows-install.xhtml

However, there are some subtle problems for which you will get a much
smaller support community.

Personally I consider the way to go is to port code to Qt4/PyQt4 and to
forget about all this licensing stuff. In any case I bought a PyQt license
just to acknowledge Phil's good work and now I concentrate on porting my
code to Qt4.

Regards,

Armando