[PyKDE] Last PyQt4

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Wed Feb 15 14:32:09 GMT 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:32:25 +0000
Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

> Sounds like you haven't rebuilt everything with the latest SIP.

Hi Phil,

This was sitting in my draft box. I wanted to do more checking, but
I have run into the same errors as Guest007 with my development version
of PyQwt:

One of the problems I have with the latest snapshots is that I cannot use
sip.settracemask(0x3f)
on PyQwt after compiling PyQwt with tracing enabled:

[packer at titan qt4examples]$ ./ReallySimpleDemo.py
init_QApplication()
sipQApplication::sipQApplication(int&,char **) (this=0x08333ab0)
init_QwtPlot()
QApplication::palette() failed: please instantiate the QApplication object first.
QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
Aborted

After compiling PyQwt with tracing disabled, the demo runs fine while all
PyQt4 wrappers calls get traced.

I did not try to rebuild PyQt4 without tracing.

Gerard