[PyKDE] Compiling eric3 for use with pyqt4 development

Dave Williams happy at opensourcesolutions.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 20:18:30 GMT 2006

Can anyone advise a consistent set of sip, qscintilla, pyqt, qt etc sources to use to generate a recent (linux) version of eric3 that supports qt4 development?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that eric3 has to be compiled with qt3 because both the IDE and qscintilla (at least) were written using qt3 dependencies even though later QTDIR etc will point to qt4 for my application development.

I have been going round the loop endlessly over the last few days with both releases and snapshots without finding a success combination. For example it appears that the attribute qt_version in sip has disappeared recently (since 4-3-2) and that qconfig.h has been factored into separate h files so that pyqt-3-11-1 cant parse which version of qt is in use.

I managed to get some versions to compile but the all crash with a variety of segfaults (with or without the --nokde option).

I am happy to start hacking (bug-fixing?) the source if necessary but I guess I am not alone here and hence somebody (Detlev?) must have an answer.

Thanks
Dave