[PyKDE] PyQt3 debug build faster than release?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 19 18:23:01 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to know if its reasonable that a build with debug symbols of
PyQt3 is faster than without, when using concatenation (with 4 parts)?

I experience this here, when I forget the -u switch it seems like it
takes forever to build the parts (IIRC more than an one hour). However
when using the -u switch I'm normally done in 15 Minutes or less.

Not that I don't want debug symbols, I just wanted to check if this is
reasonable and might be due to compiler optimizations...

Andreas

--
You are destined to become the commandant of the fighting men of the
department of transportation.