[PyKDE] How to contribute to sip ?

Nigel Stewart ns at fluent.com
Tue Feb 28 15:50:31 GMT 2006

> I wouldn't accept this change as it doesn't really have anything to do with
> what SIP does (although I readily admit that some of SIP's existing
> functionality also falls into that category).

Phil,

It could be argued that SIP is part of a broader toolchain (in our case,
gmake and qmake) that would benefit from SIP taking some care not to
touch unchanged files.  uic and moc avoid touching files unnecessarily,
and so could SIP.

Currently, our sip-based python bindings are the bottleneck in our
incremental builds.  We bypass this as much as possible, (cheating the
dependencies) but we shouldn't need to be doing that kind of workaround...

Nigel