[PyKDE] Problem starting PyQt4 programs from eric3

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 11 11:41:50 GMT 2006

On 11.01.06 08:15:18, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 12:24 am, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > just discovered that I can't seem to start PyQt4 programs that import
> > QtCore from eric3.
> >
> > I get a runtime exception telling me that QtCore and "qt" wrap the
> > QObject class.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure that this is not really an eric3-problem, running such a
> > program from eric3 is just the easiest way to get this.
> >
> > I guess the problem is rather that PyQt or sip do not support to have 2
> > QObject classes from 2 different libs.
> >
> > Phil is there a way to avoid this "clash"? I don't want to have 2
> > pythons to use PyQt4 from within eric3.
>
> I think it's an eric3 bug. It will happen when qt and QtCore are imported into
> the same interpreter.

It seems that: "It's not a bug, it's a feature". Looks like the
"default" debug client eric3 uses to execute python programs imports the
"qt" module automatically. There is a setting to change that and after
having done so I can now run and debug my PyQt4 program from inside
eric3.

Andreas

--
You will get what you deserve.