[PyKDE] PyQt4 GPL for Windows Binary Available

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Thu Jan 12 12:58:15 GMT 2006

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 12:37 pm, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>>
>>Is this compatible with a bulk Python 2.4, or do we need a MinGW-compiled
>>Python?
>

> Standard Python 2.4.
>
> I think MinGW has been fixed so that you don't need to go through the previous
> hassle of creating a MinGW version of the Python DLL. At least I haven't seen
> any problems so far.

I think it is Python that got "fixed" and now includes the proper files
to be compatible with MinGW-compiled extensions.  It might be nice if
website pages that point out the need to compile Python with MinGW were
updated to reflect the fact that that is no longer required with Python
2.4 (and might not be for 2.3.5, either, though I haven't checked).

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech       http://www.orbtech.com