[PyKDE] Eric3: Bug and RFE

Michael Zimmermann mz-list at incunabulum.de
Tue Jan 17 19:27:54 GMT 2006

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

>>Furthermore would it be possible to add support for events in the
>>documentation module? Grepping through the code I found references to
>>@signal, @exception(@raise, @throws) and a bunch of other.
>>
>>@event might be usefull to notify that a certain class or method emits
>>certain events...
>

> I think what you actually mean is a signal (that is the Qt term).

No, not really. QT supports two methods for passing "information" from
one object to another. One, using signals/slots, the other using common
event techniques. Within the QT library signals are send containing high
level informations. Events normally are emitted for more basic action
(resize, closeEvent...)

Since Signal/Slot-Communication is not supported between threads in QT3
(but in QT4) we use events for transfering information from the worker
threads to the gui thread.

So, for this purpose an option to mark the events emitted by a class
would be useful. And yes, one could reuse the @signal property, but this
would mix signals and slots....

btw - thanks for the fix.

--