[PyKDE] Installing PyQt4 on (k)ubuntu

Fabio Spelta spelta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:15:56 GMT 2006

I am new in Qt and Python, so I have no background in compiling sip
and all the like to get PyQt working.
I'm wondering if there is a tutorial or a step by step guide to
accomplish the job.
I have installed all the ubuntu packages that could be related (her,
that's what I hope):

python2.4-sip-dev
python2.4-sip-qt3
python-sip-qt3
python2.4-sip4-dev
python2.4-sip4-qt3
python-sip4-qt3
python-sip4-dev
python-qt-dev
python-kde3-dev

I compiled the snapshot of sip from source succesfully, and I also
compiled Qt 4.1 open source edition from source.
Nevertheless, I can't manage to compile PyQt4. Here's the error I get, after

$ export QMAKESPEC="/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/mkspecs/linux-g++/"
$ python configure.py

Error: PyQt v4 requires Qt v4.1.0 or later.

Many thanks for any help.
--
Fabio