[PyKDE] Installing PyQt4 on (k)ubuntu

Fabio Spelta spelta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:52:07 GMT 2006

> How about python configure.py -q /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/ , if not give
> Qt 4.1 a prefix like configure --prefix=/usr/qt/4

Now it works, thank you very much.
I created a .ui interface with the Qt4 designer and I converted it to
.py with pyuic4.

Too bad I can't find the right way to create a main wrapper to show
the interface I created. I followed the instruction for Qt3 at
http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~afedosov/qttut/ but they don't work.
The riverbank computing web site suggests that I have to adopt this style:

import sys
from PyQt4 import QtGui

app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)

but I cant' "import" the main frame into the app in any way. How can I
please do that?
Thank you very much, ciao
--
Fabio