[PyKDE] Setting the clipboard content without creating any window

Serge Weinstock sweinst at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 06:27:53 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm currently writing a script which should allow me to set up the
content of the clipboard.
For this, I shouldn't need to create a window, so my first try was;

import sys
from qt import *

theApp = QApplication(sys.argv)
cb = theApp.clipboard()
print "before:", cb.text(QClipboard.Clipboard)
cb.setText("hello", QClipboard.Clipboard)
print "after:", cb.text(QClipboard.Clipboard)

The output was:
before: theApp
after: hello

But the clipboard was left unchanged...
Reading the QClipboard  documentation, I found "Lastly, the X11
clipboard is event driven, i.e. the clipboard will not function properly
if the event loop is not running"

So I tried the following:

import sys
from qt import *

theApp = QApplication(sys.argv)

while theApp.hasPendingEvents():
    theApp.processEvents()
##
[...]

But still the same results....

Any idea on what I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Serge Weinstock

cb.setText("hello", QClipboard.Clipboard)
print "after:", cb.text(QClipboard.Clipboard)
##
while theApp.hasPendingEvents():
    theApp.processEvents()

But still the same results....