[PyKDE] feature request for eric4

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Jul 8 12:49:00 BST 2006

Am Samstag, 8. Juli 2006 13:00 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 08.07.06 10:48:30, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > that is already possible with eric3 (unless it is broken).
> >
> > Alternative 1: You can change the environment for the debug client
> > globally in the configuration dialog, Debugger -> General page.
> > Here you may replace the environment or ammend it.
> >
> > Alternative 2: You can do the same on a project basis by using the
> > Project menu -> Debugger -> Debugger Properties.
> >
> > I hope, that satisfies your needs.
>
> Forget my other answer, it works exactly the way the code was
> written. However the label of the checkbox could need improvement,
> something like "completely replaced" or "Empty the environment before
> setting the variables". It wasn't obvious to me at least.
>
> The other thing is: Running my application inside eric3 (debug or
> direct run) doesn't trigger the error, even if I launch eric3 via:
> LANG=de_DE eric3. When I run the app from the commandline using
> LANG=de_DE python myapp.py I get the exception. Any idea what might
> be different here? I don't really want to debug that using the python
> debugg...

Sounds like it's i/o encoding related, and then yes, that could make a
difference inside eric. If I remember correctly, eric sets a different
default encoding compared to plain python.
(see site-packages/sitecustomize.py)

How about posting the traceback, and let's see, what can be done (even
if it's slightly off topic ;)

Pete