[PyKDE] QScintilla snapshot not auto-indenting anymore

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 16 22:18:12 BST 2006

On 16.07.06 21:28:40, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Sunday 16 July 2006 8:22 pm, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi Phil,
> >
> > I'm not sure you saw my post in the eric3 editor bug thread, so I'm
> > posting this as new thread.
> >
> > I installed qscintiall snapshot 20060709 and now I don't get any
> > auto indentation at all, not for
> >
> > if foo:<return>
> >
> > or
> >
> > foo = {bar:1,<return>
> >
> > In eric3 for python files. Did you eventually make the lexer to clever
> > this time ;-)
>
> I saw it - it's on my TODO list. However it works fine with my simple test
> editor.

Good to know :-)

> Autocompletion behaviour is controlled by a number of settings so you
> may not have the right combination.

I guess you mean auto indentation?

Anyway, maybe there's something in eric3 that makes this break now, I do
see a method for calculating the indentation for a line in eric3.
Disabling that doesn't help, so I guess Detlev needs to look into this.

BTW: Is something wrong with the new eric3 list? I tried subscribing
today but didn't get any confirmation mail yet.

Andreas

--
Domestic happiness and faithful friends.