[PyKDE] PyQt 4.0.1 - howto ?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jul 17 11:22:16 BST 2006

On Sun Jul 16 14:13:59 MEST 2006, Adrien Bourdet wrote:

> In my previous post, I paste an example of code that crash python on
> import of PyQt.
> I also have the crash with examples from the tutorial :
>
> tiggrou at TiggrouPB:~/Documents/Prog/Download/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.0.1/
> examples/tutorial$ python
> Python 2.4.3 (#1, May 24 2006, 19:39:48)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5341)] on darwin
>  >>> #!/usr/bin/env python
>  >>> # PyQt tutorial 1
>  >>>
>  >>> import sys
>  >>> from PyQt4 import QtGui
> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> Abort trap

That's a strange error to get from just importing that module, but I
don't know what's normal on the Mac.

Have you tried running the tutorial and examples rather than copying
them into an interpreter session? Try something like this:

  python examples/tutorial/t1.py

If that gives a fatal error then there's something strange interaction
going on between your Python interpreter, SIP and PyQt4. This may be
caused by the way one or more of these things are configured. In that
case, you'll need to provide some more information about the way you
configured SIP and PyQt4 if you built them from source.

David