[PyKDE] Monitor/Track Mouse and Keyboard

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jul 18 23:51:32 BST 2006

On 18.07.06 11:28:04, Anil Shankar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a newbie to pykde. I am desperately looking for some piece of code (or
> hooks) that will help me monitor keyboard/mouse usage on KDE.
>
> Specifically, I want to do these things:
> 1. Check if keyboard keys are pressed
> 2. Monitor mouse: Right button, left button, middle button and position.
>
> I want to do these things system-wide and not confine myself to a single
> window.

You could try to look into khotkeys which does this things, I guess. It
allows to set kde-wide shortcuts. However that code is C++.

I don't think you can easily get all mouse or keyboard events, unless
you can install some event filter on the X11 server.

Andreas

--
Today is the first day of the rest of the mess.